LONG STAY "SPOUSE VISA" OFII CONVOCATION PROCEDURE & MEDICAL VISIT


Within three months of our arrival in France our visa must be validated by the Office Français de l’Immigration et de l’Intégration (OFII). I strongly recommend you to do this mandatory procedure as soon as possible for you to be able to legally stay in France for the duration of your visa, and leave and return to France as you please.

When I came back to France in August 2018 with my new long stay visa (spouse visa) I immediately sent the following documents to OFII of our department in Poitiers:

☑ Completed OFII form
☑ Photocopy of my passport data page
☑ Photocopy of long stay visa
☑ Photocopy of page of passport with the entry stamp in France

Five days after I mailed the documents to OFII, I received a confirmation letter stating that they have received my papers and the schedules for:

📆 Medical appointment stating the date, time, and address
📆OFII convocation stating the date, time, address, list of required documents, and information on what will happen on the day of the appointment

MEDICAL VISIT

I brought the letter from OFII and my passport during the appointment day. The medical visit procedure is exactly similar to my first medical appointment for the long stay "visit visa".

⌧ Radiology examination (chest x-ray)
⌧ General clinical examination (basic height, weight, blood pressure,vision check, etc., and brief interview regarding my medical history, vaccinations, and health insurance)

The doctor handed the copy of my x-ray result with the radiograph and copies of Certificat de Controle Medical stamped and signed by the doctor at the end of my medical examination.

OFII PROCEDURE

Few days after my medical visit I went to OFII Poitiers (two-hour drive away) together with my husband for my convocation which was scheduled at 13h30. Don't be late, you have to come on time or earlier.

I brought the documents listed below along with the letter from OFII:

☑ Passport
☑ Passport size photo
☑ Proof of address: Since I don't have bills under my name, I submitted an "Attestation d'hebergement" written and signed by my husband with the photocopy of his passport data page and his latest rent receipt
☑ Original Certificat de Controle Medical
☑ Printed receipt of fiscal stamp worth 250 Euros which we purchased in a tax center

Sumission
I went to the counter, showed the appointment letter, submitted the documents, and paid the residence tax. Then I was asked to wait inside the classroom together with other foreigners.

Briefing
When everybody was inside the classroom, the OFII counselor did a briefing on what we will be doing that afternoon. She told us, purely in French language, that we will take a test to know our level in French language, that we will sign the Contrat d'integration Republicaine (CIR), she also provided information about the civique training, etc., and that we will be interviewed personally.

French Language Exam
It was a 20-minute written exam. If you pass you will be exempted from the French language course, otherwise, you will be required to take a free A1 level French language lessons.

The exam is easy if you have basic skills in French, it consists of matching of images to phrases like "Carte Vitale" or "Ordonnance", completing a French online form, multiple choice questions, writing a short paragraph about a photo, and writing a simple letter to the teacher of your child.

💡TIP: Prepare in advance, take several "A1 level" practice test before the convocation

After the exam we were asked to wait to be called for an individual interview.

Interview
The first part of the interview was confirmation of my personal details in French language,  then she informed me that I passed the exam and that I am exempted from the French language course. But I still need to improve my French language.

Afterwards, she she asked me to sign the CIR and gave instructions regarding the mandatory 2-day civic training and asked me to obtain numéro de sécurité sociale and to register with Pôle emploi as soon as possible.


She gave me a folder to keep all the documents she provided:
📂 Signed CIR
📂 Convocation for Formation civique Module 1
📂 Convocation for Formation civique Module 2
📂 Attestation de Dispense de Formation Linguistique
📂Additional useful documents such as instructional guide for registering with Pole Emploi, information about Assurance Maladie, leaflet for free online course in French, and a card stating that I can have a free 100 hours of French language course for level A2.

She also told me that I can renew my visa at my local prefecture and that I must book an appointment 2 months before the expiry of my visa.

And finally, she placed a sticker on my passport and stamped it. I left the office feeling relieved and happy.



On to the next step! That is to attend the 2-day mandatory Formation Civique.

Next step: FORMATION CIVIQUE MODULES
Previous: LONG STAY VISA (FOR SPOUSE OF FRENCH CITIZENS) APPLICATION IN THE PHILIPPINES

Related blog posts:
HOW TO APPLY FOR A FRENCH LONG STAY VISIT VISA IN SINGAPORE
OFII & MEDICAL VISIT FOR LONG STAY "VISIT VISA" IN FRANCE

Comments