HOW TO APPLY FOR A FRENCH LONG STAY VISIT VISA IN SINGAPORE


I am writing based on my visa application experience with the hope that I might be able to help (mainly with regards to the document requirements) those who are going to apply for the same type of visa.

Long-stay visa or visa de long séjour allows foreign nationals to enter and stay in France for longer than three months and up to 1 year. I fall under the visitor (tourist) category because I will be staying in France for personal reasons. 

I applied for this visa last June 2017 at the Embassy of France in Singapore as I was working there during that time. 

Important: Kindly note that there are certain changes on the application process so please check the updated procedure at the Embassy of France in Singapore website.


DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS

Here is the list of the documents I submitted:

1. Checklist of required documents
✎I have ticked each document  I attached.

2. Long stay visa form fully filled and signed.
✎I printed and manually fill-out the 2 pages application form.

3. Identity photography. One recent passport size photo (3,5cm x 4,5cm), clearly showing face, forehead hairline and ears on a white background. 
✎I attached the photo on the application form.

4. Original + photocopy: Valid passport + photocopy of page containing my personal data.

5. Original + photocopy: S-PASS + photocopy of front and back of my S-PASS card.

6. Original + photocopy: Financial guarantee. Documents proving that I have at least 1,230.00 € for each months I will stay in France. 
✎I printed my bank statements of the past 2 months showing transactions.

7. Original + photocopy: A document related to my socio-professional situation in Singapore. 
✎I submitted a Certificate of Employment stamped and signed by my employer.

8. Original + photocopy: Proof of lodging in France. 
✎I submitted my French fiance's letter stating that he will provide for my accommodation together with the photocopy of his lease (Contrat de Location), passport data page, and French Identification Card (CNI).

9. Original + photocopy: Medical coverage during the whole length of my stay. 
I submitted a letter and insurance policy from Mutuaide Assistance stating that I will have medical and public liability coverage in France showing my name and the validity date. Travel insurance is not valid for this type of visa application.

10. Original + photocopy: Motivation letter explaining what I intend to do while living in France. 
✎I made a simple and genuine letter stating that I will stay in France to spend more time with my fiance and his family, to increase my French language skills by communicating and interacting with native French speakers, to learn the French culture, and to discover more of France.

11. Original + photocopy: Written statement, signed and dated, promising that I will neither seek nor accept paid employment during my stay in France.

12. Original + photocopy: Certificate of Clearance from Singapore Police Force.
✎I applied for Certificate of Clearance (COC) at the Singapore Police Force online. I paid the fee of 55 S$ and went to Police Cantonment Complex to have my fingerprint impressions taken. Please note that you need to request "Application for Certificate of Non Criminal Record" from the Embassy of France in Singapore beforehand as it is one of the requirements of the Singapore Police Force in applying for the COC.

13. Original: “Demande d’attestation OFII” form. 
✎ I fill in only the first part.


APPOINTMENT BOOKING

I made an appointment online and printed the receipt.


VISA APPLICATION SUBMISSION

I brought the appointment booking receipt and all the documents required on the day of my appointment. During the appoitment the visa officer took my passport and asked for my documents. While checking my documents she asked me brief questions like the intended length of my stay in France, if I am still going back to work in Singapore, etc. After checking the documents she returned my passport and took my fingerprints and photograph. I left after paying the non-refundable fee of 99  (150 S$).


Immediately after submission, the visa officer emailed me asking for my fiance's bank statement. I sent his latest bank statement a day after and never heared anything from them after that.


RESULT

I tracked my application online daily. I got an update two weeks after, informing me that the decision concerning my application has been reached and requested me to visit the visa section of the French Embassy in Singapore. I went to the embassy the same day and the visa officer took my passport and gave me a collection slip stating the date I can collect my passport which is the next day. 


PASSPORT COLLECTION

I went back to the French Embassy in Singapore the next day and got my passport with the visa sticker on it valid for one year together with the original “Demande d’attestation OFII” form stamped by the embassy. 😊



Comments